Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blog Challenge-derailed for shopping!

How quickly one can get derailed from a daily entry...let's see when did I last post? A week ago!?!? Really!?!? Oh dear, well I've been a bit preoccupied. The boy woke in the middle of the night to inform me that he felt like throwing up, I had baby boo attached to me so DH had to go and deal with the drama but it still meant that we were up and dealing with a sick 6 yr old. He stayed home on Wed, which meant that I was looking after him all day as well as baby boo and Mom...no blog entry was created. Then Thurs rolled around and the boy was sitting in my bed in the morning when he had a little gas that turned into another load of laundry. Still not well enough to go to school. Here began our small conundrum. Mom and I had been talking of a shopping trip south of the border since before baby boo was born, thinking of course that with Mat leave, I would have all this time on my hands (rather dumb considering this was not my first Mat leave ever!) With her getting sick and baby boo still not sleeping through the nights the trip was never done...but he's been getting better and Mom is well right now (Chemo starts in 2 weeks) so we ceased the moment and booked 2 nights in a motel with the intention of scoring some sweet Black Friday deals. Hello, sick kid in the house! What now?

Well since DH was an uninvited guest to the shoppingpalooza he got a call on Thurs afternoon to come home so we could head south with baby boo! Therefore no blog entry was created on Thurs since I was schmoozing with the border officials and checking into our cheap, very, very cheap motel. I was glad for the budget wise room but the puke stains on the floor left a bit to be desired...I didn't even leave any of those at home, why would I want them in a room I paid for?

The shopping itinerary was: go to sleep about the time we arrive/check in as that is baby boo's usual nighty night time (yes I took baby boo, I'm breast feeding him and had no time to pump to store milk for dh and he is such an easy going baby I knew it wouldn't be a problem....right...) get nearly 7 hrs sleep and go shopping right after his usual night time feeding of about 3 am when the stores were opening. Well, wouldn't you know it but tooth number 5 decided to rear it's ugly head. After several hours of screaming Mom and I decided to take baby boo for a car ride to try and put him to sleep...we saw the crazy shoppers camping out infront of stores, lined up around corners in the cold, rainy, windy weather and parking lots that were filled to capacity 5 hrs before they opened! We knew that we could wait until stores opened in our flea bag motel with a screaming baby where it was at least warm and had a decent TV rather than stand in the cold like a crazy person!! (umm shopping at 3 am does not a crazy person make, and I know crazy!) So after about 2 hrs sleep baby boo was back up and at it again so Mom and I looked at each other, got dressed and headed out. WHat hte heck, it was a once in a life time kind of experience! So Friday had no blog entry because I had no computer, and no energy. I had completed 6 hrs worth of shopping before 9 am! We alternated shopping and sleeping through out the day (interspersed with some eating).

Saturday we hung around the room and slept as much as we could before the check out time...I put my packing skills to the test! We fit everything in my little KIA.Rio's trunk. I am a master packer, if I do say so myself. (Once I get used to this blogging thing I might start remembering to take pictures of those kind of memorable moments). We then headed off to, you guess it, more shopping! We hit a few outlets (bit disappointing - the outlet mall I found on the internet was mostly abandoned and contained two ladies clothing stores, a kitchen store, several empty store fronts and a space for youth to hang out) and cruised the mall that we had been to the day before but didn't actually see on account of it wasn't actually open at the time we were in Tar.get shopping. Mom lucked out with a smoking hot outfit (can I say that about my Mom?) I on the other hand am hard to fit and could not find anything that fit my girls on account that I am still BF'ing and they are naturally robust to begin with. We had a nice dinner at Mom's favourite American restaurant (Cra.cker Barr.el) and headed for the border crossing, timing it perfectly and were at the window at exactly 6:30 pm the time we crossed on Thurs thus making our 48hrs in order to not have to pay duty for our purchases. We arrived home (hopped up on caffeine because I accidentally ordered a regular coffee at Tim.my's rather than a decaf) just after 9 pm and excitedly shared our stories with dh who just shoook his head at us! There was no blog entry because I simply forgot.

How I've gotten to Tuesday again already, I'm not really sure...I've been a little spaced out with the lack of sleep post shopping extravaganza but here I am trying to make an effort. I will enter upon the Blog Challenge tomorrow and try and stick with it...hey I am pretty damn proud I made it 9 days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment