Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 1 - My Favourite Song

Okay, I have to admit I am slightly embarrassed by this post and I haven't even written it yet. I actually am a fair connoisseur of music. I can't work without it on, I often can quote lyrics and can tell you who the artist and what the song title is. I am in to all sorts of styles of music (with the exception of country - sorry but I just don't care about your dog dying, your truck breaking down or your girl leaving you!) and although I can't carry a tune I love to belt it out!

So I could choose something hip, or eccentric or full of power and meaning but no I would have to say that my favourite song of all time is "Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry.

There is just something about it that makes me turn it way up and belt it out every time I hear it. It is powerful, emotional, you can feel the love he has for this woman and pain he feels that they are no longer together. There have been many days when I wished I was the Sherrie he's singing about. (Sometimes I pretend I am!)

Well there you have it, I said it. I actually admitted my dark secret. I think I feel a little lighter having put that out there. No...no, all I feel is shame! ;)

2 comments:

  1. :) I love that song! It's totally one that I love to sing along with. I had never seen the video for it before tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song...and, that's not nearly as embarrassing as admitting you like Barry Manilow.

    ReplyDelete