Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 3 - My Favourite Television Program

Good evening friends, today's blog will be slow going as I just finished giving myself a manicure and although my nails are dry they are still sensitive. Thankfully you can read it much faster than I can type! It's a small guilty pleasure. I'm not really a girly girl per se but I have my moments. Besides, I'm getting a new do tomorrow (wait for tomorrow for more information on that) so I thought I would go to the salon with fancy fingers! :)

It's been a long day...if you've read any of my previous posts, my mother (who lives with us) has Leukemia. It has decided to get aggressive, after a 3 week stay in the hospital a few weeks ago from a lung infection, she is starting to feel better. Today she had a follow up appointment at the cancer centre to check on the progression of her lungs as well as to discuss treatment. She ahs chosen to go with IV therapy Chemo, yep, that's the one that makes you sick, tired and your hair fall out. She will have 3 days of treatment and then a month off to come back for 3 more days of treatment. This will continue to repeat for approximately 6 months. On the positive side they find that this process has a 90% success rate for her Leukemia to go into remission. It's not the first long day we've had, and definitely not the last. If I were the type to b!tch, I would complain about the affects all of this has had on my Mat leave but I'm getting over it...I still get lots of great time with my little guy, it just means I have to put a little more on my plate to keep my Mom healthy.

So Blog Challenge Day 3. Well this one is really difficult because I don't subscribe to any TV service and haven't for approximately 5 years now. As noted in my previous post, we watch a lot of movies. If we have time in the evening for television we throw in a movie. We were given season 1&2 of Fringe lately, I really enjoyed it. We got our hands on some of season 3 (I won't admit how as it may become incriminating evidence one day) but I'm not sure how I feel about it, I'm willing to give it some more time but I'm not sure. I am not a big fan of most reality tv so I don't feel like I'm missing much not having TV but I will admit that I do love the talent shows SYTYCD and the Idol's are my favourites. I occasionally get to watch a season of one of those (again no admittance from me as to where they come from!) and can't get enough of it.

Crumbs...I just chipped the tip of a nail, i knew I should have waited. With two kids in bed at 7-8 p.m. and the routine starting again at 6 (not to mention a night feeding) it was now or never to fit it all in...I hope you appreciate my sacrifice! LOL! Thanks for sticking with me all this time, have a great night.

1 comment:

  1. Helping a loved one go through chemo is a tough road. I will be praying that this protocol will be effective and thorough.

    I'm not as much into reality shows as I used to be, but I do love Dancing with the Stars. I also really liked the first two seasons of Fringe, but this season is just not quite as good.

    ReplyDelete