Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Winter Solstice is under our belts (My favourite day of the year because it means that Summer is on it's way!!) and Christmas day is drawing to a close...the hustle and bustle of the season is not quite done but a definite sense of doneness fills me. It's a happy feeling though, time has been well spent with the kids and DH.

Our house has been a near war zone these last few weeks (hence the lack of blogging). My mom has started Chemo treatments, went well but it keeps me well occupied traveling to and from the hospital for appointments. I am not able to stay with her as nursing mothers and babies are not allowed in the unit and quite honestly it's not fair to baby boo or I to sit for a couple of hours in space where he can't move around. The boy has been plagued with cold after cold these past weeks, pretty much since Thanksgiving. This week his fever peaked at 103.9 but came back down the next day. He's still pretty sick though. None of this is good, in so many ways. It's been too long that he's been sick. Mom can't really afford to be exposed to it, but there really isn't anywhere else she can go and it's extremely taxing on us parents. Definite trip to the Dr. required in the near future!

Other than that, I've been enjoying a new indulgence: Ravelry. I've been knitting again, making a pair of leg warmers for baby boo and some chemo caps for mom in case she loses her hair. I'll be posting some pics later, and hopefully be adding some more info about the crafts I am up to...of course it's all about time, time to do the crafts and time to post about them...time is precious when you have precious children to watch after!

I hope you all have had a wonder Christmas, Winter Solstice or whatever winter holiday you celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment