Friday, July 18, 2014

Getting back on the proverbial horse

I fell off. I fell hard. I probably should have been blogging, it might have helped me process everything but I chose silence instead.

One of my favourite visionaries or activists if you will is Mahatma Ghandi, and one of my favourite quotes from him is, "Be the change you want to see in the world." I subscribe to that in many aspects of my life. I am a socially/environmentally conscious person, but I keep failing in one big way - myself. I want to see change in my life, and yet I keep failing at being that change.

So, now is the time to start. Take it all on, be the person I want to be, that I know I am and should be. I'm going to start by writing more. At the very least, monthly, then maybe weekly. I won't get crazy and say daily, although really, that is what I should be doing.

Life will always get in the way. I have learned my lesson. Every time I set out to do something I give myself the excuse that life got in the way. But I'm not going to let the things that life hands be the ability to take over. Otherwise I'll never get back on that fucking horse, and it will run free in the pasture, all the while laughing at my sad ass sitting there in a pile of it's own dung. Been there, done that, not going to let that shit stink up the rest of my life!

So here I am, ready to tell my tales again. I will find my stride and I won't worry if I have a following or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment